> Morris Centenary Event
ahctog
post 16 Jun 2013, 21:52
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Global Moderator
Member No.: 211
Proud citizen of: en

Nice to see so many Isis' and Oxfords together, and meet one or two people from here today.
three different ones! Attached File  021b.jpg ( 66.96K ) Number of downloads: 0
Attached File  020b.jpg ( 65.73K ) Number of downloads: 0
Attached File  019b.jpg ( 50.07K ) Number of downloads: 0

And two very different ones! (Penguin45 and Howard)
Attached File(s)
Attached File  018b.jpg ( 55.22K ) Number of downloads: 0

Go to the top of the page
PMEmail Poster  
+Quote Post
Penguin45
post 16 Jun 2013, 22:44
Post #2

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 56
Proud citizen of: aq

Very nice to meet Howard - always good to put a face to a name and to have a look at his beautiful Isis.

P45.
PM  
+Quote Post
Chrislinford
post 20 Jun 2013, 05:21
Post #3

Wolseley Fanatic
Group Icon

Group: WOC Member
Member No.: 808
Proud citizen of: nl

Yes, it was a great event.
More pictures here
(IMG:http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-9HXPucWMjfM/UcF89u4ASvI/AAAAAAAAecc/LSJQUFk2Clw/s1600/Minor100%20082-734670.jpg)
PM  
+Quote Post
webmonster
post 20 Jun 2013, 09:31
Post #4

Wolseley Fanatic
Group Icon

Group: Morris Member
Member No.: 922
Proud citizen of: nz

Looks great. I haven't been to a car show in ages.

Other than UXN - any other Isis' at the show?

Tsk! Howard! Going to a car show in the same shorts you've been painting the house in (IMG:http://www.wolseleyforum.com/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
PMEmail Poster  
+Quote Post
SIXEIGHTY
post 20 Jun 2013, 11:15
Post #5

Super Poster
Group Icon

Group: WOC Member
Member No.: 212

Attended this event with my 6/80 on the Sunday having accepted a late invitation from a group comprising of mostly overseas enthusiasts.

Attached File  CORNBURY_PARK___JUNE_2013_001.jpg ( 63.08K ) Number of downloads: 0

My own 6/80 in the company of restored metallic grey 4/50 and maroon 6/80.

Attached File  CORNBURY_PARK___JUNE_2013_003.jpg ( 57.74K ) Number of downloads: 0

This MCV (Morris Oxford MO Pick-Up) is an everyday working vehicle and has been in constant use with its present owner since the 1980s.

We covered a 180 mile round trip in the 6/80, and without using any motorways whatsoever I managed to get 22mpg.

BOB
PM  
+Quote Post
Howard Dent
post 22 Jun 2013, 08:39
Post #6

Wolseley Fanatic
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,739

QUOTE (webmonster @ 20 Jun 2013, 10:31 ) *
Looks great. I haven't been to a car show in ages.

Other than UXN - any other Isis' at the show?

Tsk! Howard! Going to a car show in the same shorts you've been painting the house in (IMG:http://www.wolseleyforum.com/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Cheeky monkey! I'll bet you're just jealous, likewise of my lilywhite limbs; we really haven't had any decent weather this year...

Anyway, there were other Isis in attendance - well, three - just out of shot was YAT 940 (Black Series II saloon), in another display was NTP 708 (the Traveller I rebuilt the engine for), and a brief Sunday visitor was Empire Green Series I saloon RHX 431 (This was the one for sale earlier this year in it's un original colour scheme of - white!). The green car is up for auction today or tomorrow I think, so we'll see what happens.

Attached File  160620132553.jpg ( 14.12K ) Number of downloads: 0

Interestingly, the Series II Oxford has an Oxford registration (the FC denotes Oxford) and was owned for many years by a club member in Oxford (he bought it second hand) - it has now changed hands to another Oxford based garage proprietor, who was thrilled to be approached at this rally by the first owner who still has some of the early history!! Small world.

Attached File  160620132563.jpg ( 14K ) Number of downloads: 0

It was white (although originally green), now it isn't!

Attached File  160620132562.jpg ( 12.1K ) Number of downloads: 0

Very solid car, never welded - which is rare in the UK.

Attached File  150620132550.jpg ( 15.37K ) Number of downloads: 0

Oh did it rain - here we are enjoying the safety of the awning - we were delighted to be joined by Emil Larsson and his parents from Sweden (seated); he has 5 of 'our' cars and does some very skilled work on them, and standing hiding the baby is Joanne Bowlt who completed the Oxford2Oxford adventure with her husband Tim in Florence (Series II Oxford) in 2005.

Attached File  150620132549.jpg ( 14.94K ) Number of downloads: 0

And finally, fellow club member Neil Ibbotson sheltering from the weather - Neil owns both the duo tone Oxfords on display (Series III and Series IV) plus he has a Series II Isis, a Manumatic Oxford, and another Series III Oxford. You see, we're all a bit mad (IMG:http://www.wolseleyforum.com/style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)
Attached File(s)
Attached File  160620132563.jpg ( 14K ) Number of downloads: 0

PMEmail Poster  
+Quote Post
webmonster
post 22 Jun 2013, 11:11
Post #7

Wolseley Fanatic
Group Icon

QUOTE (SIXEIGHTY @ 20 Jun 2013, 23:15 ) *
Attached File  CORNBURY_PARK___JUNE_2013_003.jpg ( 57.74K ) Number of downloads: 0

This MCV (Morris Oxford MO Pick-Up) is an everyday working vehicle and has been in constant use with its present owner since the 1980s.

This ute is hard-case (IMG:http://www.wolseleyforum.com/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
Delighted to see one in everyday use and to have the factory well-side body.
PMEmail Poster  
+Quote Post
webmonster
post 22 Jun 2013, 11:27
Post #8

Wolseley Fanatic
Group Icon

QUOTE (Howard Dent @ 22 Jun 2013, 20:39 ) *
Cheeky monkey! I'll bet you're just jealous, likewise of my lilywhite limbs; we really haven't had any decent weather this year...

Looking at your other photos I'd say you were very brave to be wearing shorts!
Attached File  160620132562.jpg ( 12.1K ) Number of downloads: 0

Very solid car, never welded - which is rare in the UK.

Wow - that's really good! Is it low mileage too?
Oh did it rain - here we are enjoying the safety of the awning - we were delighted to be joined by Emil Larsson and his parents from Sweden (seated); he has 5 of 'our' cars and does some very skilled work on them, and standing hiding the baby is Joanne Bowlt who completed the Oxford2Oxford adventure with her husband Tim in Florence (Series II Oxford) in 2005.

I look at the .se website from time to time to see if Emil has done any more restoration work. Nice to put some faces to the names I know.
I remember briefly seeing Joanne and Tim in 2005 here in New Plymouth. I had my Oxford on the road back then...
And finally, fellow club member Neil Ibbotson sheltering from the weather - Neil owns both the duo tone Oxfords on display (Series III and Series IV) plus he has a Series II Isis, a Manumatic Oxford, and another Series III Oxford. You see, we're all a bit mad (IMG:http://www.wolseleyforum.com/style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)

I'm quite restrained then, with only 3 cars to keep my pockets eternally unacquainted with cash... (IMG:http://www.wolseleyforum.com/style_emoticons/default/mellow.gif)
Does Neil's Manumatic go? Can't be many of these in working order.
PMEmail Poster  
+Quote Post
Penguin45
post 22 Jun 2013, 14:34
Post #9

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 56
Proud citizen of: aq

To be fair to Howards knees, it was a very warm weekend. It just rained on and off for the whole time...........

P45.
PM  
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st January 2018 - 14:37