post 30 Jun 2009, 10:52
Post #1

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
From: Wolseleyland near the Guild City of Preston, Lancashire
Member No.: 2
Proud citizen of: gb

With membership of the Wolseley Forum now approaching the 400 level, I thought that now may be the time for a bit of a recruitment drive. (IMG:http://www.wolseleyforum.com/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

I am sure that like me most of you will have gained something useful from the Forum. I am also sure that quite a few of us know other Wolseley owners and enthusiasts.

Can I ask, that if possible, you could all try to do a small thing for the Forum. Have a look through your email address book and if you know there is a Wolseley owner in there, send them a message and recommend the Wolseley Forum to them.

There are over 6,800 Wolseleys registered in the United Kingdom alone, I would imagine that there are a large number in other countries as well. Lets see if we can get them to join in and share their knowledge and the enjoyment that is the Wolseley Forum.

I have a target figure in mind of 700 members, lets see if we can achieve it.

Thank you all. (IMG:http://www.wolseleyforum.com/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Nishka
and The Wolseley Forum Team
Go to the top of the page
PMEmail Poster  
+Quote Post
paul barrett
post 30 Jun 2009, 20:22
Post #2

Wolseley Fanatic

Group: Forum Member
Member No.: 9
Proud citizen of: ie

This coming Sunday the biggest collection of Classic Cars in Ireland will gather at Terenure College in Dublin 6. I will be there with my Rover P4.

I have also been honoured with being asked to be A Judge of the entries and the awarding of prizes a position I treat very seriously. I expect a large contingent of Wolseley's and intend to canvass owners and advise them of this very valuable asset, The Forum which is available to all without constraints. Albeit moderation and respect to all is a given.

Since its inception The Forum has helped me in my love of Wolseley's, I have forged new Friendships and found generous and helpful people with a similar interest to me, the preservation and recognition of a truly remarkable Marque.

I'm indebted to The Forum and I Thank most Sincerely its Members and Founders for their help to me and achievement in bringing Wolseley and Classic Car enthusiasts together via this truly remarkable medium.

I for my part will on Sunday and on an ongoing basis be doing my utmost to promote awareness of The Forum and will be openly encouraging people to join.

To The Forum: A Heartfelt Thank You.
PMEmail Poster  
+Quote Post
Kira
post 30 Jun 2009, 22:26
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Global Moderator
Member No.: 24
Proud citizen of: au

A friend phoned my the other day looking for the owner of his wedding car (1992 i think). It is a blue 24/80 previously owned by my sister and she sold it to a man down near Geelong. Ange wants to try and purchase the car or at least find it, so I recommended that he join this forum to aid in his search. No sign of him so far.
PMEmail Poster  
+Quote Post
Nishka
post 13 Jul 2009, 23:48
Post #4

Administrator
Group Icon

QUOTE (Kira @ 30 Jun 2009, 23:26 ) *
A friend phoned my the other day looking for the owner of his wedding car (1992 i think). It is a blue 24/80 previously owned by my sister and she sold it to a man down near Geelong. Ange wants to try and purchase the car or at least find it, so I recommended that he join this forum to aid in his search. No sign of him so far.

Let's hope we hear something soon Kira.

Nishka
PMEmail Poster  
+Quote Post
Nishka
post 14 Sep 2009, 18:01
Post #5

Administrator
Group Icon

QUOTE (Nishka @ 30 Jun 2009, 11:52 ) *
With membership of the Wolseley Forum now approaching the 400 level, I thought that now may be the time for a bit of a recruitment drive. (IMG:http://www.wolseleyforum.com/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

I am sure that like me most of you will have gained something useful from the Forum. I am also sure that quite a few of us know other Wolseley owners and enthusiasts.

Can I ask, that if possible, you could all try to do a small thing for the Forum. Have a look through your email address book and if you know there is a Wolseley owner in there, send them a message and recommend the Wolseley Forum to them.

There are over 6,800 Wolseleys registered in the United Kingdom alone, I would imagine that there are a large number in other countries as well. Lets see if we can get them to join in and share their knowledge and the enjoyment that is the Wolseley Forum.

Thank you all. (IMG:http://www.wolseleyforum.com/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Nishka

Well guys what can I say, only thank you all very much.

At the beginning of July we had less than 400 members and now, in just 10 weeks, we have gained another 60 members.

Well done to all, please keep recommending the site to Wolseley owners or enthusiasts.

We still have our target of over 700 to reach and hopefully we can do this in time for our first anniversary on the 22 November.

Keep up the good work.

Nishka
PMEmail Poster  
+Quote Post
paul barrett
post 14 Sep 2009, 19:01
Post #6

Wolseley Fanatic

Nishka, Full steam ahead lets all go, all out to reach our goal.
PMEmail Poster  
+Quote Post
Uncle Mick
post 15 Sep 2009, 20:37
Post #7

Advanced Poster

Member No.: 110
Proud citizen of: en

Can you sort out some stickers or cards for Young C and myself to take down to the NEC in November, Ta!
PM  
+Quote Post
Nishka
post 15 Sep 2009, 23:55
Post #8

Administrator
Group Icon

Yes will do, thanks Uncle Mick.

Nishka
PMEmail Poster  
+Quote Post
Penguin45
post 7 Nov 2009, 18:11
Post #9

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 56
Proud citizen of: aq

Well, looks like we made it to 500 members today.

Well done everybody.

Penguin45.
PM  
+Quote Post
Nishka
post 8 Nov 2009, 08:36
Post #10

Administrator
Group Icon

Yes, great news Chris. A big thank you to everyone (IMG:http://www.wolseleyforum.com/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Nishka and Mrs Nishka
PMEmail Poster  
+Quote Post
paul barrett
post 8 Nov 2009, 10:20
Post #11

Wolseley Fanatic

The Magic 500, heres to the next 500 !
PMEmail Poster  
+Quote Post
Edwin
post 4 May 2010, 01:00
Post #12

Wolseley Fanatic

Member No.: 732
Proud citizen of: nl

I have added the link to this forum on my Hyves profile. Maybe it will create some new members...

Thank you to all Wolseley enthousiasts for making this forum to such a pleasant place to be.
PMEmail Poster  
+Quote Post
paul barrett
post 4 May 2010, 05:27
Post #13

Wolseley Fanatic

Yes Indeed ! it is a most pleasing of places.
PMEmail Poster  
+Quote Post
Nishka
post 4 May 2010, 06:53
Post #14

Administrator
Group Icon

QUOTE (Edwin @ 4 May 2010, 02:00 ) *
I have added the link to this forum on my Hyves profile. Maybe it will create some new members...

Thank you to all Wolseley enthousiasts for making this forum to such a pleasant place to be.

Thank you to you too Edwin and for your kind words. (IMG:http://www.wolseleyforum.com/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Nishka
PMEmail Poster  
+Quote Post
GG
post 4 May 2010, 08:22
Post #15

Wolseley Fanatic

Member No.: 158

hello i see now nearly 700 members in just over a year i think thats excellent you say there are about 4,000 registered cars . so 700 isnt a bad start some of you will have more than one so may not be 4,000 individuls.i think the internet has probably saved many of these cars and others. its a real gift to many classic owners.for parts . info.but most important it brings us all together which wouldnt happen uastralia/america /ireland and more/thank you to david and marylin with out them we wouldnt be together now..thankyou.gg
PMEmail Poster  
+Quote Post
Edwin
post 6 May 2010, 01:07
Post #16

Wolseley Fanatic

Member No.: 732
Proud citizen of: nl

Hi grumpygrandad,

Is the number of 4,000 registered Wolseleys a worldwide number? I think we have to notice that not every car might be registered and not everyone is active on the internet, so not everybody can be reached with this forum. Therefore it is just a bigger achievement that we have reached so many members! Personally I think that the average collector is getting younger through the years and therefore the number of sold "youngtimers" will increase. There are not so many collectors who want to have a car that they have never heard of... So for us the task of keeping the Wolseley spirit alive!

Mr and Mrs Nishka indeed have done a wonderful job to bring all these people together. Especially the fact that they are really concerned to every single member and trying to make the best out of it, is worth mentioning.

So what is the next target? 1,000 members? I think that we can reach that!! Go for it!
PMEmail Poster  
+Quote Post
Penguin45
post 6 May 2010, 01:34
Post #17

Administrator
Group Icon

4,000 is a "guestimate" - educated guess and estimate. Who honestly knows how many cars are hidden away in barns or garges around the world? A few more will slowly appear.

Penguin45.
PM  
+Quote Post
Nishka
post 6 May 2010, 09:50
Post #18

Administrator
Group Icon

QUOTE (grumpygrandad @ 4 May 2010, 09:22 ) *
I see now nearly 700 members in just over a year I think that's excellent you say there are about 4,000 registered cars .

I think the Internet has probably saved many of these cars and others, it's a real gift to many classic owners, for parts and info, but most important it brings us all together which wouldn't happen Australia/America /Ireland and more.

QUOTE (Edwin @ 6 May 2010, 02:07 ) *
Is the number of 4,000 registered Wolseleys a worldwide number?

Personally I think that the average collector is getting younger through the years and therefore the number of sold "young-timers" will increase. There are not so many collectors who want to have a car that they have never heard of... So for us the task of keeping the Wolseley spirit alive!

So what is the next target? 1,000 members? I think that we can reach that!! Go for it!

QUOTE (Penguin45 @ 6 May 2010, 02:34 ) *
4,000 is a "guesstimate" - educated guess and estimate. Who honestly knows how many cars are hidden away in barns or garages around the world? A few more will slowly appear.

Thanks guys for your very kind words.

The whole reason for setting up the Wolseley Forum, was to 'Keep the Wolseley Spirit alive', that and for me to find some information on my 1956 15/50! (IMG:http://www.wolseleyforum.com/style_emoticons/default/ph34r.gif)

I would like to think, that in some small way, we have maybe contributed to keeping a few Wolseleys on the road. But I will say this again, all that Mrs N and I have done is thrown some software on to an Internet server, which does not make an online community. What does make an online community however, is people and that is you all! Without the contributions of all of our members, whether active or passive, we would not have a forum as successful as we have. So on behalf of Mrs N and I, I would like to thank every single one of you. Thank you.

Our next goal is indeed 1000 members, but we will not stop there, we want the Wolseley Forum to be THE place for all Wolseley enthusiasts to share information and chat about the marque and as the saying goes 'Keep the Wolseley Spirit Alive'.

As far as surviving Wolseley numbers is concerned, I know almost all the 'National' clubs are involved in keeping records of surviving Wolseleys through the tireless work of their Registrars. Certainly in the case of the UK's Wolseley Register, the Registrar is working very hard to keep the records of surviving Wolseleys up-to-date and any help with updated information and discovered Wolseleys will always be appreciated.

I have some basic figures that will put the numbers into some sort of 'big picture';

The Wolseley Motor Company (1927) Limited, produced just over 600,000 vehicles (see here for breakdown by model).

According to the UK's Driver and Vehicle Licencing Authority (DVLA) there are some 6,817 Wolseley registered or subject to SORN (Statutory Off-Road Notice) within England, Scotland and Wales.

From Paul Barrett's research we know that there are 185 Wolseleys registered in the Irish Republic.

I also know that there are 17 Wolseleys in the Isle of Man!

This of course does not account for all those Wolseleys that are not registered and are languishing in some long lost barn or garage, waiting to be discovered.

If anyone can furnish details of surviving Wolseleys in their country, please let me know. Maybe we can compile a 'Master List of Survivors' of all Wolseleys worldwide? The Internet would be the ideal medium for such an undertaking.

Nishka
Keeping the Wolseley Spirit Alive
PMEmail Poster  
+Quote Post
Penguin45
post 16 May 2010, 23:20
Post #19

Administrator
Group Icon

QUOTE (Nishka @ 30 Jun 2009, 11:52 ) *

Done within the year. Well done, everybody.

Penguin45.
PM  
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd January 2018 - 02:14