post 14 Oct 2017, 13:46
Post #1

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 16
Proud citizen of: en

Story from Rodney:

I cleared out all my old negatives and scanned those I think may have some interest for others which were taken in the summer of 1976. I worked for the company Jarvis (Harpenden) Ltd and for a reason I have now forgotten they decided to enter the car in the 1976 Harpenden Carnival that took place in May. I believe it was owned by Mr Moreton Fisher who I think were friends of the Jarvis family. The car evidently was not 'on the road' at the time and Jarvis arranged to make it road legal in their garage workshops. These pictures were taken in advance of the Carnival for publicity purposes.

In the first & second picture is yours truly driving with the late Douglas Peters (MD) as passenger. In the back seat behind me is Jim Buckingham (Contracts Manager) and next to him Peter Abbiss (Construction Director). The other four pictures show Jarvis's mechanic John Millar driving with me as passenger. I was fortunate enough to have the chance to drive it a couple of times and experience the rear end 'hop' of the fixed back axle.

On Carnival Day it was adorned with the Jarvis name with Moreten Fisher driving, I think Douglas Peters as front passenger and myself and Miss Angela Gazeley (now Doherty) as rear passengers, all of us being in period costume. Unfortunately I do not have any pictures of the actual Carnival.

Hope these are of passing interest.

Rodney

Attached File  img746.jpg ( 115.54K ) Number of downloads: 0

Attached File  img747.jpg ( 110.27K ) Number of downloads: 0

Attached File  img748.jpg ( 131.96K ) Number of downloads: 0

Attached File  img749.jpg ( 134.28K ) Number of downloads: 0

Attached File  img750.jpg ( 124.11K ) Number of downloads: 0

Attached File  img786.jpg ( 313.79K ) Number of downloads: 0

Go to the top of the page
PM  
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th December 2017 - 08:20