DRON
post 24 Jan 2017, 15:12
Post #1

Advanced Poster
Group Icon

Group: Morris Member
Member No.: 9,480
Proud citizen of: au

I am in London until Sunday 29 Jan and am in the market for Series I Isis side chrome strips and for the air intake cowling plus thin bonnet strip. Condition not important provided they can be re-chromed (ie, not pitted). Also useful would be the Isis or Morris badge that sits inside the wheel mounted indicator switch.

My '56 Isis located in Melbourne is back on the road but still being sorted out before I finish the interior work. I am losing too much gearbox oil so I suspect removal and resealing will be an early job on my return. A number of other nuisance issues will also be addressed - hard starts cold & hot (new fuel pump to reduce pressure), slow opening thermostat, voltage regulator sticking.

Major challenge of late has been to keep prying eyes away from the ISIS badges. I won't profile those eyes but you get my meaning?

Contact me by direct email - dron2@optusnet.com.au or SMS +61412971576

Good luck all.

Dennis O'Neill
Go to the top of the page
PMEmail Poster  
+Quote Post
webmonster
post 25 Jan 2017, 20:47
Post #2

Wolseley Fanatic
Group Icon

Group: Morris Member
Member No.: 922
Proud citizen of: nz

Hi Dennis - good to know that you are still working on your Isis.

QUOTE (DRON @ 25 Jan 2017, 04:12 ) *
I am in London until Sunday 29 Jan and am in the market for Series I Isis side chrome strips and for the air intake cowling plus thin bonnet strip. Condition not important provided they can be re-chromed (ie, not pitted). Also useful would be the Isis or Morris badge that sits inside the wheel mounted indicator switch.

Erk. It is Mazak - all of it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
I'm not sure it can take rechroming, but I would love to know if anyone has found a way!

The badge for the indicator switch on a series I Isis is the same as on the Oxford and Cowley, I think, so should be easier to find.
My '56 Isis located in Melbourne is back on the road but still being sorted out before I finish the interior work. I am losing too much gearbox oil so I suspect removal and resealing will be an early job on my return. A number of other nuisance issues will also be addressed - hard starts cold & hot (new fuel pump to reduce pressure), slow opening thermostat, voltage regulator sticking.

Hard starts - are you still running points and condenser? A Pertronix unit sorted this out for me.

Voltage regulator sticking - if you tire of repairing the original there are nifty digital units that fit under the cover that work very effectively.

Contact me by direct email - dron2@optusnet.com.au or SMS +61412971576

I hope Howard is reading this - he's probably your best bet.
Go to the top of the page
PMEmail Poster  
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th December 2017 - 01:21