LOCI Webmaster
post 11 Apr 2016, 15:12
Post #1

Wolseley Fanatic
Group Icon

Group: LOCI Member
Member No.: 7,238
Proud citizen of: en

THIS WEEKEND - SATURDAY 16TH APRIL - LOCI SPRING RALLY - MIDLANDS @ Pride of Longbridge Rally, Cofton Park, Birmingham B31 2BQ

Looking forward to another great SPRING RALLY event at the Pride of Longbridge.

We have a Club Area, we are on Stand 3, Gate 1.

Please display a number 3 in your windscreen to assist the Show marshals and follow their directions to our location.

Printable A4 sized window form below in jpeg and PDF formats if you want to use it.

Attached File  POL_FLYER.jpg ( 606.45K ) Number of downloads: 0

Attached File  POL_FLYER.pdf ( 38.37K ) Number of downloads: 1

Go to the top of the page
PMEmail Poster  
+Quote Post
LOCI Webmaster
post 15 Apr 2016, 12:09
Post #2

Wolseley Fanatic
Group Icon

PRIDE OF LONGBRIDGE SITREP - UPDATE

The organiser's site visit has been done, bits are better than Tuesday, some areas have cleared, others are worse. The organisers will be doing another site visit Friday night and one at 6am Saturday.

The event is going ahead 100% but if the rain carries on we will be parking in different areas per the "back up plan". Please be flexible and supportive and follow the marshals' instructions on arrival.

Many thanks to Grosvenor Lucas for running liaison with the Pride of Longbridge Organisers on the Club's behalf.
PMEmail Poster  
+Quote Post
Penguin45
post 16 Apr 2016, 10:27
Post #3

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 56
Proud citizen of: aq

Cancelled.

P45.
PM  
+Quote Post
LOCI Webmaster
post 16 Apr 2016, 11:36
Post #4

Wolseley Fanatic
Group Icon

QUOTE (Penguin45 @ 16 Apr 2016, 11:27 ) *
Cancelled.

P45.

Show was cancelled following a site visit by the council due to severe waterlogging of the site.

We know that some people came in their cars and travelled a long way, so sorry for the disappointment.

Earlier this morning there was snow - now it's sunny. Very frustrating, the PoL organisers must be gutted after all their hard work.

PMEmail Poster  
+Quote Post
Mrs Nishka
post 16 Apr 2016, 20:37
Post #5

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 16

So sorry to read this gentlemen. It is so frustrating when this happens. All the hard work gone into the organisation and the miles and time and effort put in by enthusiasts travelling to the event, getting their cars ready etc. Grrrrrr.

Mrs Nishka
PM  
+Quote Post
Penguin45
post 16 Apr 2016, 23:03
Post #6

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 56
Proud citizen of: aq

There is a final dénouement to this, which has left me rather annoyed. I was on the road at 6.20am this morning to avoid the queues getting into the park, so landed at Cofton park just before 9am. Checked the internet before setting off for any news - nothing. There were a few cars hanging about by the entrance, no organisers, nothing. NickRS turned up a few minutes later with the news that the show was cancelled. Mark, the previous owner of the Red Dog was coming over to the show, so I rang him and then drove over to Coventry to save him wasting a trip.

Apparently, at 10 o'clock, some of the organisers turned up and started directing the cars which were still turning up to the car park of the local Marks and Spencers and had some sort of show. Not good enough really. There were at least 6 local cars from Yeadon running down to the show that I know of and that's a run of almost 150 miles, so a full tank of fuel there and back.

From my point of view, I can take a plus from seeing Mark again and spending an hour and a half with him. He took the car round the block and had a huge grin afterwards.

Not sure what I'll do about this show next year.

P45.
PM  
+Quote Post
LOCI Webmaster
post 17 Apr 2016, 07:57
Post #7

Wolseley Fanatic
Group Icon

QUOTE (Penguin45 @ 17 Apr 2016, 00:03 ) *
There is a final dénouement to this, which has left me rather annoyed. I was on the road at 6.20am this morning to avoid the queues getting into the park, so landed at Cofton park just before 9am. Checked the internet before setting off for any news - nothing. There were a few cars hanging about by the entrance, no organisers, nothing. NickRS turned up a few minutes later with the news that the show was cancelled. Mark, the previous owner of the Red Dog was coming over to the show, so I rang him and then drove over to Coventry to save him wasting a trip.

Apparently, at 10 o'clock, some of the organisers turned up and started directing the cars which were still turning up to the car park of the local Marks and Spencers and had some sort of show. Not good enough really. There were at least 6 local cars from Yeadon running down to the show that I know of and that's a run of almost 150 miles, so a full tank of fuel there and back.

From my point of view, I can take a plus from seeing Mark again and spending an hour and a half with him. He took the car round the block and had a huge grin afterwards.

Not sure what I'll do about this show next year.

P45.

More on this here.

http://b31.org.uk/2016/04/cancelled-10th-p...-of-longbridge/

All credit to those individuals to decided to salvage something from the day and held an impromptu get together on Lowhill Lane, next to the MG Motor facility. That's something the organisers would not have been able to do without having in place all the risk assessments, insurance cover etc etc etc that comes with organising any event these days. Power to the people... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
PMEmail Poster  
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st January 2018 - 14:38