> Morris Isis Wingscripts and Badges
Six-Ninety
post 1 Jun 2015, 12:48
Post #1

Intermediate Poster

Group: Forum Member
Member No.: 20,181
Proud citizen of: au

Clearly I need to worry about the important structural parts of my sad and rusty Isis Traveller before anything else. To that end I will begin with the badges and wing scripts. I have one wing script which is complete. The other is broken. Are any still available? Also the bonnet badge is cracked. I can get excellent wing scripts made (though it is not cheap). Not so sure about the bonnet badge. Any ideas and help gratefully received.
Henry
Go to the top of the page
PMEmail Poster  
+Quote Post
Llansadwrn
post 1 Jun 2015, 14:54
Post #2

Wolseley Fanatic

Member No.: 13,358
Proud citizen of: cy

QUOTE (Six-Ninety @ 1 Jun 2015, 06:48 ) *
Clearly I need to worry about the important structural parts of my sad and rusty Isis Traveller before anything else. To that end I will begin with the badges and wing scripts. I have one wing script which is complete. The other is broken. Are any still available? Also the bonnet badge is cracked. I can get excellent wing scripts made (though it is not cheap). Not so sure about the bonnet badge. Any ideas and help gratefully received.
Henry

I am sure that your best bet, as Howard indicated, is to look out for a donor saloon. I would advise a bit of patience here, since these are jobs you can do a year from now without affecting your restoration schedule. You know full well that as soon as you get something expensive made, a scrap car with perfect chromework will turn up.

Can you put wanted ads on the trademe site? If so, then advertise for Isis parts or cars.
PM  
+Quote Post
Howard Dent
post 2 Jun 2015, 06:47
Post #3

Wolseley Fanatic
Group Icon

Group: Morris Member
Member No.: 9,739
Proud citizen of: en

QUOTE (Llansadwrn @ 1 Jun 2015, 15:54 ) *
I am sure that your best bet, as Howard indicated, is to look out for a donor saloon. I would advise a bit of patience here, since these are jobs you can do a year from now without affecting your restoration schedule. You know full well that as soon as you get something expensive made, a scrap car with perfect chromework will turn up.

Can you put wanted ads on the trademe site? If so, then advertise for Isis parts or cars.

Hi Henry - scripts are generally available new here in the UK from a company called Atlantis Classics; they started making them in batches some time ago so you shouldn't struggle too much there - and a spare car would probably be a good source of a bonnet motif, although I probably do have a serviceable one.
Or two...

Looks good though, you're going to have such fun (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)
PMEmail Poster  
+Quote Post
Six-Ninety
post 2 Jun 2015, 10:59
Post #4

Intermediate Poster

Thank you! I am sure I won't need the chrome for quite some time. Finding any kind of Morris Isis in Victoria is not easy. I have only seen one saloon in recent years and it was in pretty ordinary shape. The problem I would have, if I found another Isis, is that I would have to repair it too! Bad enough with a Riley Two-Point-Six in pieces throughout my shed at the moment! A friend of mine is keen to get onto the metal work soon, though he has not seen the car; he should be frightened… very frightened, as should my bank account!
PMEmail Poster  
+Quote Post
Llansadwrn
post 2 Jun 2015, 12:33
Post #5

Wolseley Fanatic

Member No.: 13,358
Proud citizen of: cy

QUOTE (Six-Ninety @ 2 Jun 2015, 04:59 ) *
Thank you! I am sure I won't need the chrome for quite some time. Finding any kind of Morris Isis in Victoria is not easy. I have only seen one saloon in recent years and it was in pretty ordinary shape. The problem I would have, if I found another Isis, is that I would have to repair it too! Bad enough with a Riley Two-Point-Six in pieces throughout my shed at the moment! A friend of mine is keen to get onto the metal work soon, though he has not seen the car; he should be frightened… very frightened, as should my bank account!

...... and yet I would bet that ferreted away in dilapidated sheds or dusty garages there are half a dozen undiscovered Isis cars within a couple of hundred mile radius of you. I found this to be the case for the rare-as-hens-teeth Oxford Series IV Traveller, in Canada of all places, when I put a wanted ad on a Canadian online advertising site.... 5 cars, one of which I bought, not to mention the 4 other Oxford saloons and one Series II (woody) Traveller. There were many more British cars exported to Australia than to Canada in the 1950s.

This post has been edited by Llansadwrn: 2 Jun 2015, 12:35
PM  
+Quote Post
webmonster
post 3 Jun 2015, 02:54
Post #6

Wolseley Fanatic
Group Icon

Member No.: 922
Proud citizen of: nz

My internet access is not good at the moment, but I am sure that Dennis (DRON) from Australia found a couple of Isises in a yard in South Australia. DRON has not posted here for a while... perhaps we should give him a message (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
PMEmail Poster  
+Quote Post
Six-Ninety
post 3 Jun 2015, 11:29
Post #7

Intermediate Poster

There may well be another Isis nearby. Frightening thought, as I would probably just repair it too! If I see one with even more tin worm than the Traveller… someone please save me from myself!
Henry
PMEmail Poster  
+Quote Post
Howard Dent
post 4 Jun 2015, 06:33
Post #8

Wolseley Fanatic
Group Icon

QUOTE (Six-Ninety @ 3 Jun 2015, 12:29 ) *
There may well be another Isis nearby. Frightening thought, as I would probably just repair it too! If I see one with even more tin worm than the Traveller… someone please save me from myself!
Henry

It's a common disease - I had seven at the last count (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)
PMEmail Poster  
+Quote Post
Six-Ninety
post 4 Jun 2015, 11:13
Post #9

Intermediate Poster

Maybe I can convince myself and family members that I just need to collect them for the badges / emblems? It is unlikely anyone will believe that these days - too many cars floating around the farm plus bits and pieces of McCormick-Deering stuff. New wingscripts, bonnet emblems and a working clock, surely that will be 90% of the work! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)
PMEmail Poster  
+Quote Post
Howard Dent
post 5 Jun 2015, 06:39
Post #10

Wolseley Fanatic
Group Icon

QUOTE (Six-Ninety @ 4 Jun 2015, 12:13 ) *
Maybe I can convince myself and family members that I just need to collect them for the badges / emblems? It is unlikely anyone will believe that these days - too many cars floating around the farm plus bits and pieces of McCormick-Deering stuff. New wingscripts, bonnet emblems and a working clock, surely that will be 90% of the work! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)

I would say so - all you then need is the large amount of workshop manuals that float around the ether and you have the job sorted!

Any luck finding the stamped number on the bulkhead yet?

Howard.
PMEmail Poster  
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd January 2018 - 02:11