Fred Oldham
post 16 Jan 2015, 16:02
Post #1

Wolseley Fanatic
Group Icon

Group: WOC Member
Member No.: 19,302
Proud citizen of: en

According to the Worshop Manual for my A90 the standard tyres are 6.40 x 15 and run at 25 psi front and rear. The car is now shod with radial tyres, but I have no information on the correct pressures. I have been inflating them to 35 psi but I am wondering if this is too high. Any offers?
Go to the top of the page
PMEmail Poster  
+Quote Post
wolseley16/60aut...
post 16 Jan 2015, 23:18
Post #2

Wolseley Fanatic

Group: Forum Member
Member No.: 555
Proud citizen of: nz

35 PSI all round is OK for high speed driving or carrying a heavy load [ Back tyres only ] , whereas 30 PSI [Back tyres ] 28 PSI [Front tyres ] is OK for 'normal' driving.....
PMEmail Poster  
+Quote Post
Danny
post 16 Jan 2015, 23:54
Post #3

Wolseley Fanatic

Member No.: 1,742
Proud citizen of: au

I would say that experimenting between 32-35 would be the go for something the weight of the Westminster. Obviously depends on the actual size and brand of the tyre though.

Danny
PMEmail Poster  
+Quote Post
Fred Oldham
post 19 Jan 2015, 15:54
Post #4

Wolseley Fanatic
Group Icon

Member No.: 19,302

Thanks for the replies people. Based on them I think i give 30 front, 32 rear a try and see how that feels. As for 'high speed' driving, I suppose that's a matter of interpretation. I doubt that I will top 60 mph very often until I get to know the car and it's behaviour a lot better.
PMEmail Poster  
+Quote Post
MYKE
post 19 Jan 2015, 17:10
Post #5

Wolseley Fanatic
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,175

Paint a stripe across the tread and take the car for a short drive. You can tell by where the paint wears whether you need more or less pressure. Too much will wear the centre of the tread first, and too little will wear the outside.

MYKE.
PM  
+Quote Post
Llansadwrn
post 19 Jan 2015, 20:17
Post #6

Wolseley Fanatic

Member No.: 13,358
Proud citizen of: cy

Years ago I took my GMC pickup, which has dual rear wheels, in for a new set of tyres (six tyres = an expensive day). I bought them from a local garage, and the garage manager told me very seriously that on duallys (as they are called, and pronounced DOO-lees) they would set the inner rear tyre pressure at exactly 3 psi less than the outers, because the road tends to be crowned (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) I nodded and whistled and I hope looked suitably impressed. When I got the truck home I checked the tyre pressures and found that they were totally random between about 45 psi and 70 psi, Some communication error with staff presumably.
PM  
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st January 2018 - 14:38