GodalmingYellow
post 4 Sep 2014, 21:57
Post #1

Senior Poster
Group Icon

Group: Morris Member
Member No.: 9,633
Proud citizen of: en

Having got Phoebe running pretty well, my Oxfordshire neighbour reversed his pick up truck into her, whilst Phoebe was parked.

A couple of dents to the offside front wing.

At least he fessed up and Phoebe will go to the local body shop for repairs, rather than the restorers I previously used.

It never rains, but it pours.
Go to the top of the page
PMEmail Poster  
+Quote Post
Penguin45
post 4 Sep 2014, 23:15
Post #2

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 56
Proud citizen of: aq

Sorry to hear that. At least your neighbour has done the decent thing. I hope they're going to knock it out properly rather than fill it with filler.

P45.
PM  
+Quote Post
matthew.h
post 5 Sep 2014, 06:46
Post #3

Wolseley Fanatic

Group: Forum Member
Member No.: 9,890
Proud citizen of: nz

They better to knock it all out and not just fill it in. Do it right first time and it will last and don't wory about the cost it will be worth it if done right first time
PMEmail Poster  
+Quote Post
enigmas
post 5 Sep 2014, 08:31
Post #4

Wolseley Fanatic

Member No.: 863
Proud citizen of: au

That's a bit of bad luck. It's always horrible when someone crashes into your pride and joy. Fortunately it's a straight forward repair and it should be easy to check the quality of the work. As an aside, a number of years back the neighbour across the road from me backed into my daughters car (a 1966 Ford Falcon sedan) in her 4 wheel drive and drove off. A passer by saw the incident and gave chase, later returning and giving me the details. Neighbours like that you don't need.

This post has been edited by enigmas: 5 Sep 2014, 08:38
PM  
+Quote Post
webmonster
post 5 Sep 2014, 10:11
Post #5

Wolseley Fanatic
Group Icon

Member No.: 922

Rats! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
Is the chrome OK?

Apart from this mishap how is Phoebe behaving?
PMEmail Poster  
+Quote Post
win
post 5 Sep 2014, 21:54
Post #6

Advanced Poster

Member No.: 846

QUOTE (GodalmingYellow @ 5 Sep 2014, 09:57 ) *
Having got Phoebe running pretty well, my Oxfordshire neighbour reversed his pick up truck into her, whilst Phoebe was parked.

A couple of dents to the offside front wing.

At least he fessed up and Phoebe will go to the local body shop for repairs, rather than the restorers I previously used.

It never rains, but it pours.

My Neighbour has twice backed into two of our cars.First one was my mothers and the second was our 6/90 writing off the left rear door.Insurance paid but you do wonder.He just said when the 6/90 got hit that he was thinking about going down to his church.Nice chap but a bit odd.
PMEmail Poster  
+Quote Post
enigmas
post 5 Sep 2014, 22:45
Post #7

Wolseley Fanatic

Member No.: 863
Proud citizen of: au

Sometimes it would be nice if the person who accidently damaged the car simply said, sorry I didn't see it there. Most times it's done very begrudgingly, as though it was the owners fault for having the car parked where it was hit!

This post has been edited by enigmas: 5 Sep 2014, 22:47
PM  
+Quote Post
GodalmingYellow
post 3 Oct 2014, 19:35
Post #8

Senior Poster
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,633
Proud citizen of: en

I took Phoebe to a decent body shop to have the job done properly and also to ensure the correct paint colour. So yes dents properly pulled/hammered and she looks great again.

I've now got enough of my Oxfordshire house complete that I have been able to clear the garage of furniture and put Phoebe into her newly built proper warm and dry winter home.

She is driving beautifully now. And the brakes are great since I dismantled the wheel cylinders and unseized them. She pulls well and I have no complaints.

Next on the list for Phoebe is to try to fit the door rubbers and sponges. The manuals don't seem to cover these so I might have to persuade Howard to come over to show me how.

Then after that I will go through all the wiring and instruments and make sure everything works is as it should. Since the new loom was installed, a couple of the gauges have stopped working and the interior light needs to be re-fitted among other things.

This post has been edited by GodalmingYellow: 3 Oct 2014, 19:36
PMEmail Poster  
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd January 2018 - 02:02